Today on the podcast, I’m answering 7 questions I’ve gotten from the Anacrusic Tribe over the last few weeks. These questions come from folks who are podcast listeners, newsletter subscribers, Instagram peeps, and everything in between. These are quick answers that might help you with those burning questions that have been firing up your brain.
Here are the questions I’m answering today:
- What are your must-do Thanksgiving games or activities?
- How do you plan intention, sequenced lessons with it taking FOREVER?
- When do you start using a five line staff? Why use a 4 line staff for do-re-mi-so-la?
- What is your favorite and least favorite lesson or concept?
- How do I put together meaningful, artful programs for my 3 and 4 year old students?
- How do I handle lesson expectations from non-music administrators fairly and graciously?
- I wasn’t planning to to teach elementary, what do I do?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- TAP 010: Q&A Coffee Chat (the OG!)
- Candy Dash Rhythm Games
- Bobbing for Apples Melody Games
- Over the River and Through the Wood Book
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
- 5 Benefits of Learning Sequences in Elementary Music
- TAP 021: All About Learning Sequences
The Anacrusic Podcast is a proud member of the Music Teacher Development Podcast Network. The MuTed network provides support in the form of audio on demand programming designed by and for music educators. You can find more information about our network at mutedpodcasts.com